JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision of Reserve Supervisor, provides a range of routine and emergency police services and enforces criminal laws as well as county and city ordinances. Please note this is a voluntary position and therefore is not eligible for wages/benefits.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment as a peace officer.
- Must be P.O.S.T. certified or certifiable.
- Must have a valid Utah driver’s license.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- May not have been convicted of an offense involving dishonesty, unlawful sexual conduct, physical violence and/or domestic violence.
- May not have been convicted of the use, sale, or possession of a controlled substance prior to five years from the date of conviction or last usage.
- May not have been convicted of a crime for which the applicant has been punished by imprisonment in a federal / state penitentiary of this or another state.
- Must demonstrate good moral character as determined by a background investigation.
- Must be free of any physical, emotional or mental conditions that might adversely affect the performance of duty as a peace officer.
- Must be able to work rotating shift work.
HOW TO APPLY: You may pick up an application at the West Bountiful Police Department at the city offices at 550 North 800 West or click here to download. Applications must be submitted to the West Bountiful Police Department.
Applicants will be notified for testing.
Police Department Employment Application